1. EVERYBODY SEES THE ANTS got a starred review in Publishers Weekly today. I got the email from my editor while trying to find shoes. (This was before I realized that there are no shoes in the world for me right now. It's okay. I'm patient.) Here it is:
2. I got to read an AWESOME ARC of an AWESOME BOOK. Get ready to buy BOY 21 by Matthew Quick in March 2012. I loved it.
3. I discovered EVERYBODY SEES THE ANTS is a bestseller at my awesome independent bookstore, Aaron's Books in Lititz, PA.
4. I just had a lovely two weeks with my mother-in-law, who came from Ireland expressly to beat me in Scrabble, but I didn't let her. (Kidding. We never played Scrabble before. And I got lucky twice on a triple word score, so without that, she would have totally won.) She goes home today, which makes us all a little sad, but considering she came in on the day our basement flooded, we kinda have some stuff to do now because there are carpets on my front porch that stink.
5. I am heading to one of my favorite places tomorrow: NAIBA. You ask: WTF is NAIBA? It's the New Atlantic Independent Booksellers Association's annual conference. It's in Atlantic City. If you're going, too, then come find me. I'll most likely be wearing an Indiebound t-shirt because that's how I roll.
6. IT'S ONLY TWO WEEKS UNTIL ANTS IS OFFICIALLY OUT!
7. I am getting STOKED for the double launch party fun! Are you coming to the east coast launch at Exeter Community Library? If so, do NOT forget to register! Please call 610-406-9431 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Are you coming to the southwest launch party at Changing Hands bookstore in Tempe, AZ? If so, I can't wait to see you!
8. Hmm. Why else does Monday totally rock?
9. I'm almost done with ASK THE PASSENGERS.
10. Ah yes! It's International Talk Like a Pirate Day. This brings us back to the awesome Emer Morrisey and makes us want to scream, "AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!" Remember: There's only one eye in pirate. (Yes, you can get that on a t-shirt.)
Hope you had a great Monday too. If so, tell me why in the comment area. Don't forget, only two more days to win the last ARC of EVERYBODY SEES THE ANTS at Goodreads: