Hi. How are you? I'm fine.
Then I'd totally blank out on what to say next. Which is how I feel about writing a blog right now. I'm just here to generally update you that I am alive and well.
Last weekend, I lived through being interviewed by zombies for a cool TV show called Zombie Etiquette.
I wore a sweater that make me look pudgy, but I think I'll live. I eventually changed into a t-shirt because those lights are hot! And here's me talking Indiebound to the undead.
|"But dude, even the undead can shop indie."|
The next day, I headed up to New Hope, PA where I signed books at one of my favorite indie bookstores, Farley's Bookshop. I've been taking a series of pictures from behind the signing table/behind the podium, and I really love this one from Farley's.
|Signing at Farley's Dec 4th, 2010|
Then yesterday, I went to another favorite indie bookstore of mine, Chester County Book and Music Company. This is a dangerous place because it is too wonderful for words. And ENORMOUS. Also, their art section is so good I actually have to cover my eyes when I walk past it. (Ask Josh Berk. I do cover my eyes.) (Here's Josh Berk. Doesn't he look like someone you could trust?)
|The Awesome Josh Berk. Or J-Wo, as I like to call him.|
|Snazzy photograph of our reflections|
Bookseller love is the nicest thing ever and authors really appreciate it. One sign is cool. Two is awesome. A table display is fantastic. Window space? Uh. Wow. So, Joanne & Co at CCBMC, THANK YOU for everything you did for me and Josh. That was wonderful. And those who came out on that yucky rainy day, thank you so much!
Bullet-pointed list of stuff that proves I'm alive:
- I am hard at work finishing the copy edits for EVERYBODY SEES THE ANTS.
- I might have seen some close-to-final cover art on that and let's just say I have now won the cover lottery three times.
- I also have German cover art for VERA to show you once I get the nod from Germany. (Release there is Feb 2011.)
- I have started the next two YA books and you're going to dig them.
- I have a super secret project too, which we will never speak of again. This sentence will self-destruct in ten seconds.
- VERA got a KILLER AWESOME review in the Cleveland Plain Dealer this weekend which was pure awesome. Here's a link.
- The weekend before, VERA could also be found in The Buffalo News. Linkage here.
- And a huge, ginormous thank you to all bloggers, librarians, teachers and readers who are spreading the word. It's been an amazing ride and it's so sweet to see Vera doing so well! (Especially without the in-store support of chains.)
- Oh! And I saw one of the new printings this weekend! Different back cover with three of those starred reviews, thank you very much...
My last in-person event for 2010 is this Saturday 12/18 at Doylestown Bookshop from 4-6pm, so if you live nearby and have anyone in your life over the age of 14 who likes to read, come in and I'll sign a book for them and it will be the best present ever!
Hey. That was pretty good for a blog that started Hi. How are you? I'm fine.