Saturday, January 31, 2009
- I used to be 5'11" but now I'm 5'9" and my feet are a size bigger.
- I love rice.
- Even though I've worn glasses for 5 or more years, I still can't figure out the proper balance between my reading prescrition glasses & my driving ones.
- I was once a decent basketball player.
- I am a swimming addict in the summer.
- The reason I added "in the summer" above is because indoor swimming pools give me the willies.
- I can't wear perfume, or even hair stuff that smells.
- I have a tattoo or two or...
- I have two awesome kids.
- I met my husband when I was 17 - and I spent only about 4-5 months with him (in person, as opposed to through love letters) before we got married. Next month will be our 17th wedding anniversary. This is my favorite picture of us circa 1993 and I have it on my desk.
- I used to smoke a pack of cigarettes per day and quit 2 years, 4 months and 22 days ago.
- I no longer miss smoking.
- I just started to like beer.
- I'm finding this much harder than it looks. 25 is a lot of random facts.
- I love roller coasters.
- My first novel was about a character named Penelope Pink. I invented Penelope Pink when I was in art school and building a body of self portraits. This is her. That is a plastic cap gun.
- I ruined my first pair of Levis by trying to sew them into a skinnier style when a guy in high school told me I should stop wearing men's jeans, because I'd "look better" in tighter jeans. I've worn men's Levis 501s ever since. Asshat.
- The guy who designed my book cover had no idea that I have a weakness for red boots.
- I have wonderful friends who understand that I have to be a workaholic right now - and I appreciate that. xoxo
- I've always wanted to meet Prince.
- I am a lover of great painters because no matter how hard I try, I'm pretty rotten at painting. But I love trying.
- I am a hopeless optimist.
- I have been robbed at gunpoint.
- I live in a winter wonderland.
- I totally haven't made dinner yet.
- Time period (like two days or two centuries or two hours)
- Plural noun
- Plural noun
FIVE syllables SEVEN syllables FIVE syllablesExample:
Not enough coffee in the coffee pot today to make me perky.Can you write me a fitting haiku for this occasion? DEADLINE for HAIKU CONTEST is NOON SUNDAY Feb 1st! (That's 24 hours.) PRIZE: a signed copy of The Dust of 100 Dogs! Leave your entries in the comment area with your email address. Good Luck! Back for our first party game at 2pm! (Yes, that's me over there to the right, getting ready for party games.) More prizes! Until then, have you signed the Guest Book? ------------------------------> (AN ADDITIONAL NOTE TO THOSE HEADING OUT TO BUY THE BOOK THIS WEEKEND - SOME STORES MIGHT NOT STOCK UNTIL MONDAY! CALL FIRST!)
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
- Stephanie F - Vet appointment, then work. Haunted all afternoon by lunch's excessive garlic.
- Liv - Skiied down snowy green circle hills while screaming my voice hoarse.
- Janet Reid - Tweeting; Reading; Tweeting; Speaking; Tweeting; Eating. Yay! D100D Contest Entry Creating! (Your enthusiasm is like rainbows!)
- Kitten With a Whiplash - Briefly traded cyberspace for reality; everyone I met was an idiot.
- Terri - Drove past junked VW bugs and thought of Amy and Krista. (Aw. The junkyard. Fond memories.)
- Joanne Levy - Went to work, hid screen from co-workers, read Janet Reid’s blog.
- Alea - Yesterday, we were robbed, didn't realize for an hour, felt stupid. (Bummer. Glad you’re okay.)
- Hillary - Why does school have to start so early? I hate mornings. (I agree. I always have and always will.)
- The Compulsive Reader - Got ditched by friends and drowned my sorrows in Mexican food.
- Lisa Schroeder - Learned of a new book that sounds fantastic and entered contest! (Thanks Lisa! Welcome!)
- (And Happy Belated Birthday, NotaMeanGirl! 40 is the new 25! Trust me!)
My dog's name is Diera (pronounced Dee-Air-Ah). She's an eight year old black and tan German Shepard and one of my five dogs. Her hobbies include eating, thinking of food, and sleeping on the furniture when no one can see her. I've had her my entire life and we're best friends. I give her food and she makes a good pillow for me when I'm reading.
Where did Diera's name come from? I did not chose Diera's name. The people who had her before I got her chose the name. It's pronounced Dee-Air-Ah.
What are some of her quirks? Diera LOVES food. She freaks out every time I mention food or feeding her. She's got some extra weight, as you would expect from someone so addicted. She's also very fond of lying on her back and barking at my other dogs.
Any particularly amusing bold moments? Whenever I walk near her food or treats she starts sniffing at them and whining. She stares at the treats, glancing me every few seconds, until I give her a treat. If I don't she lays underneath them until I do. I always give in because she looks so pathetic.
What book/s is Diera most looking forward to in 2009? Diera is very much looking forward to Chasing Fire by Suzanne Collins, The Dust of 100 Dogs (she loves dog-ish books), The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan, and Stephenie Meyer's next book.
What do you think Diera could teach alien species if she were abducted by aliens? I think she would be able to teach them the perfect technique to get anyone to share their food with her. It has never failed.
Thanks a million for bringing Diera around to Wagging on Wednesday, Hillary!
Anyone else out there looking forward to some books? Tell us about them!And thanks so much for all of your WOW entries - you'll be hearing from me as Wednesdays come and go. Next up - my best friend Krista's dog. If you came here looking to see if you won a signed copy of The Dust of 100 Dogs in yesterday's contest, then you need to come back tomorrow (Thursday) because that's when I'm announcing the winner. But if you're bored and want to see something cool? Have you checked out the D100D book trailer yet?
Monday, January 19, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
Example: We have twelve exercise assistants. Word length: 2, 4 ,6, 8, 10 Example: I had seven pickles yesterday. Word length: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9How long can you make yours...and still make sense? (Coherent sentences only, please. Excellent sentences encouraged.) Winner chosen by 4 anonymous judges and announced on Thursday. Please leave your sentence in the comment area - don't forget to leave your email address! DEADLINE: Tuesday Jan. 13th 2009, 11PM EST (TOMORROW.) PRIZE: A signed copy of The Dust of 100 Dogs the minute I get it (which might be 19 days from now...or might be a little bit earlier.) and mini package of VOGs** now. (Or, opt for the endear-yourself-to-the-struggling-author package, which saves postage and comes all at once!) Good Luck and Thanks For Playing! (**VOGs = very odd gifts)
"...epic and intimate at the same time." "If you are looking for an original, genre bending, mind-blowing read... Buy this book when it comes out on Feb 1st..."And Lenore has a BONUS character interview at the end - with Saffron Adams - one of the main characters in the book. Very cool! #2 - Are you an aspiring writer? If so, you might get a kick out of my Writer's Middle Finger series. Part Two is up at mystic-lit today. #3 - There will be another random contest to win a signed copy of D100D starting in the next 20 hours. Keep your eyes open! There will be a fast deadline again because I'm tricky like that. Until then!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Monday, January 5, 2009
Friday, January 2, 2009
- First off - the winner (picked from a hat by my trustworthy cabin girl with a cute new haircut) of a BONUS small care package of VOHGs is: Diana Dang! Diana, I am about to email you for your address and will send on Monday, K?
- What inspired the dog's name?
- Look at your dog right now. Can you tell what he/she is thinking? Please share.
- What books is your dog looking forward to in the coming months?
- If you were a dog, whose dog would you want to be?