- I used to be 5'11" but now I'm 5'9" and my feet are a size bigger.
- I love rice.
- Even though I've worn glasses for 5 or more years, I still can't figure out the proper balance between my reading prescrition glasses & my driving ones.
- I was once a decent basketball player.
- I am a swimming addict in the summer.
- The reason I added "in the summer" above is because indoor swimming pools give me the willies.
- I can't wear perfume, or even hair stuff that smells.
- I have a tattoo or two or...
- I have two awesome kids.
- I met my husband when I was 17 - and I spent only about 4-5 months with him (in person, as opposed to through love letters) before we got married. Next month will be our 17th wedding anniversary. This is my favorite picture of us circa 1993 and I have it on my desk.
- I used to smoke a pack of cigarettes per day and quit 2 years, 4 months and 22 days ago.
- I no longer miss smoking.
- I just started to like beer.
- I'm finding this much harder than it looks. 25 is a lot of random facts.
- I love roller coasters.
- My first novel was about a character named Penelope Pink. I invented Penelope Pink when I was in art school and building a body of self portraits. This is her. That is a plastic cap gun.
- I ruined my first pair of Levis by trying to sew them into a skinnier style when a guy in high school told me I should stop wearing men's jeans, because I'd "look better" in tighter jeans. I've worn men's Levis 501s ever since. Asshat.
- The guy who designed my book cover had no idea that I have a weakness for red boots.
- I have wonderful friends who understand that I have to be a workaholic right now - and I appreciate that. xoxo
- I've always wanted to meet Prince.
- I am a lover of great painters because no matter how hard I try, I'm pretty rotten at painting. But I love trying.
- I am a hopeless optimist.
- I have been robbed at gunpoint.
- I live in a winter wonderland.
- I totally haven't made dinner yet.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Who is A.S. King?
Recently, I've been called mysterious, arcane and even genderless. (Though the genderless part was a compliment about my writing, more than a comment on my knack for shopping at the Target men's department.) I think the use of initials throws people off, and I apologize for that. I didn't intend it to be mysterious. It just unfolded that way. The A and the S stand for my maiden name - Amy Sarig - which is who I was in the beginning. Lately, thanks to a high school reunion & the phenomenon that is Facebook, I've been meeting up with a lot of people who knew Amy Sarig when she was still driving the Big Wheel around back in the 1970s. Several of them have tagged me in a 25 random things about me game and I figured where better to do this but in a post that's meant to reveal more about this A.S. King person? The bonus here is - I'm including a few pictures.